1. Find and define your audience
Try defining the people who are most likely to use your product.
This tool should help: Make My Persona
2. Find out what communities they like
This should help you learn more about your audience. After building trust you may also want to share your idea with them 😃
Trello board template A map of communities that the audience uses
- Twitter - follow people who share your perspective
- Facebook (facebook groups for entrepreneurs)
- Telegram communities
- Quora - answer questions where you can provide valuable insight. You can mention your product if it’s relevant.
- Reddit - Pick subreddits relevant to your niche:
For entrepreneurs and professionals
- Product Hunt - share your product and get lots of interested people to check it! Even medias might notice it here. //Make sure your website can handle the traffic
Coda Template for launching on PH
- Indie Hackers - independent online business enthusiasts
- Pioneer - a tournament where people compete with their business ideas
- BetaList - display your product for free
- BetaBound, BetaFamily - attract beta testers
- Stripe Atlas
- SideProjects; https://sideprojects.net
Paid communities for makers
For software developers
- Hacker News - over 5 million monthly page views, community of developers and tech enthusiasts
- Stack Overflow
For product designers and UI/UX specialists
3. Engage in conversation
- Choose 1 to 5 communities that your audience enjoys and refers to for advice and/or inspiration.
You can also look for podcasts, newsletters, blogs or forums. It can basically be every place where people engage in social exchange.
- Listen carefully and learn.
Contribute by answering questions and help people out with advice. Do not spam and be respective to others.
- Pay close attention to these people’s feelings and needs.
Talk less about yourself and more about them.
- Repeat this on a regular basis to become a known member of the community.
It will come naturally that other community members will start recognizing you and pay close attention to your ideas and thoughts.